What Bitcoin actually is, how it works and who is behind its creation?
Bitcoin is an innovative way of putting various existing technologies in the right place and order that resulted in the creation of a global value exchange system for the digital world. In this system, it's not necessary to have a 3rd party enforcing transaction correctness, as people can now transact between themselves trustlessly online. The elimination of a 3rd party from transactions in digital commerce has given rise to cryptocurrency market explosion.
In order to understand the mechanisms behing bitcoin, first read the original whitepaper from its inventor - Satoshi Nakamoto: Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System.
You can also start your journey by visitng the official Bitcoin project website: bitcoin.org, specifically First Steps section.
Link catalogs and resources
- Curated Bitcoin resources list from Microstrategy
- Bitcoin Resources
- Jameson Lopp - Bitcoin Resources
- Jameson Lopp - Lightning Network Resources
- Binance - What is Bitcoin?
- Here are some things you should know first
- How it works?
- Wikipedia - Bitcoin
- What is Peer-to-Peer?
- Mastering Bitcoin
- The Internet of Money Book Series - Andreas M. Antonopoulos
- Andreas M. Antonopoulos workshops website.
- Bitcoin: Hard Money You Can't F*ck With: Why bitcoin will be the next global reserve currency
- The Bitcoin Standard
- Inventing Bitcoin
- Lightning Network - Scalable, Instant Bitcoin/Blockchain Transactions
- The Bitcoin Lightning Network: Scalable Off-Chain Instant Payments
- Beginner’s Guide to ️Lightning️ on a Raspberry Pi
- Build your own Lightning Node on a RaspberryPi with a nice Display
Lightning Apps (LApps)
Lightning Network Explorers
- Bitcoin Treasuries in Publicly Traded Companies
- Modeling Bitcoin's Value with Scarcity (note: this model is debated)